Devonport Gallops at Spreyton


Yes another pleasant day at the races.

Hos Koerner and myself (Ree Loane) at the Durkin's Road entrance, Bob Cameron and Barrie Cooper at the Dogs Home entrance.

Not a lot of race goers but enough to keep our interest going. Being a lover of people watching and horses, sunny day, 4 hours didn't drag tooo much, there are worst things you could be doing e.g. ironing!!

Hos taught me the finer art of horse racing and we both agree, abolish whips and tongue tying. I was about to get on my soap box about the latter, but Hos reminded me I was in the Lions shirt, so was forced to keep my mouth shut, "ouch".

How many of you knew that Hos was a very good horseman??

We closed up shop around 3pm, Hos and I said our goodbye's and I headed in to let the horses know they had done a fine job, when this beautiful Dapple caught my eye, so thought what the heck, made my way to the betting arena, had to get instructions on how to put $5 on the horse to win, and hey presto, won $20.

What a Winner!!

Ree----

No comments:

Post a Comment